Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I almost did it. I almost turned twenty without talking about it here as well. Because it's an event better ignored. If I ignore it then it can't change anything. How can it change anything anyway? I've been working full time since I was seventeen, living on my own since I was eighteen, paying taxes, being independant, driving a car, and living in the adult world for two years. So changing the numbers that are my age will change any of that. And it won't change anything else.
It won't change the fact that the car has flames and no back window. I'll still spend my weekends reading on the couch, or hanging out with friends. I'll still listen to the same music, laugh at the same things, and twenty is no need to grow up.
So, face it folks. The girl insists on being nineteen for a little longer.

No comments: