Saturday, March 31, 2007

Into my second week of billeting now... I'm definitely looking forward to living with the group again, but not to leaving the fort. As much as I'm not a city girl, that stuck in the woods thing starts to get to anyone after awhile.
So, for now, I have my hour commute with Randy everyday. He's half deaf, so does most of the talking. Which he doesn't mind, so probably would anyway. And then there's the evening news with Rose. I can't shake the feeling that I'll never quite live up to her expectations, no matter what I do right. She talks about a Japanese student she's had in the past who was "just wonderful".
But today I took off for the day. Which has been nice. Weekends would get awfully long if I spent all day in that house. So, judo tournament, and walking downtown. I was pretty lucky that the provincials are here this weekend...
Phone converstions help to break things up too. I talked to Meg for a really long time last night since she was in bed already. And, of course, I can look forward to my seventy-two straight after. Where I'll go down to Redeer and meet up with my family. Coincidentely, something I'm really looking forward to. It will be so nice to be able to celebrate Easter with them as well.
And then, back to the woods.

No comments: