Saturday, August 15, 2009

My corner of the blogging world seems pretty dead. Was the entire thing a trend we all caught onto and all moved on from? Did we all get lives, as we'd predicted? When we quit reading, did that discourage everyone else from writing? Sad, really. I'd always enjoyed the random prattlings and observations on the lives of people I'd, often, never meet.
It gave us a place to showcase our amateur writing. Somewhere to run out our frustrations, joys (small and large), fights, opinions... Whatever caught our fancy, really. Recording it all so we could look back on it in future years.
I don't know why I'm back. I could use a notebook. I know no one is reading this. I don't know how long it will last. Maybe knowing it will be posted on the internet makes me put a little more thought into my entries. I like a keyboard, where entire paragraphs... posts... can be obliterated with the push of a button. Plus, I like clicking on my archives, and seeing what I thought when I was twenty-three. That is, I like seeing what I thought when I was seventeen, I assume the same with apply.
However, I am out of practice. I remember thinking of things throughout the day to come home and record. Lame, maybe. I guess that was the lack of life (?) Now I can stare at a blank screen and have absolutely nothing that mildly resembles a reasonable idea. I guess that's where the benefit of having nobody reading this comes.

No comments: