Sunday, November 08, 2009

I need to get out of here. Or do something. I am going moderately crazy. I knew it would happen. A sad combination of not wanting to be here and not having any point or productivity.
Yesterday I grew restless. Left behind on a Saturday night. I got in my car and started to drive with no point whatsoever.
I sobbed my way into town. I'm not lying. Because as anyone would know who knows me, I wouldn't lie. Well, in general, but particularly about that. I don't fully understand why I was sobbing. It helped.
My car took me down the lake. That window's down, picnic and camping gear stowed road. Rain dripping down my windows and the countless corner signs looking more menacing giving the slick wet black of the roads.
The civic handled beautifully.
I ended up at our favourite summer beach. The waves sounding through the window.
Somehow, it was a good decision.

No comments: