Sunday, February 20, 2011

Crushes and the Blogger

I have a blog crush.  Yes, I do.  But, warning:  You can read this whole post.  I'm still not going to tell you who he is.

See, because this is a real blog crush.  There's the "Hey, Girl!  I think you're funny and a great social network connection so, guess what?  I have a crush on you!"  Those are fun.  They're fine way to tell people I like their writing, I like chatting, I like their twitter and the pictures they take of themselves in the mirror (just kidding.  I don't "crush" on anyone who does that.)  But I think it's a lame use of the term.

Then there's the real crush.  As in, I think I'd like you for real.  I'd like to hang-out with you, go on epic adventures with you.  Maybe, you know, marry you.  That's all.

I think you're funny, intelligent and kinda cute.  Yes, I think about you.  Mostly when you post.  I wish we could be friends.  It would be nice if I could see if we're both the same as we seem to be when we write.  If we could really argue about music on road trips to places we're both excited about.  If we could really talk about what's important and where we want to go.  If you'd let me tag along when you do fun, creative things.  If you'd want to learn to do the things I know.

I never had any sort of never-met-before crush until I started blogging again.  I thought it was stupid to like celebs or people you'd never meet.  I still do, actually.  I like myself better in real life.  I simply like the real part.

Still, though, this post is about someone specific.  The only blogger crush I've ever had that I honestly thought maybe I shared values, lifestyle opinions and interests with.  But he's far too far away.  I've never stalked his Facebook (because I've never thought about it before.  I know what I'm doing after this publishes) or anything silly.  I'll just keep reading his blog and thinking that he's a pretty cool guy.

The internet sucks.

9 comments:

Dori the Giant said...

Haha, cute.
Is it a secret?
I want to know who!!

Ella Unread said...

I've been there...I currently am...haha
The Internet doesn't suck...au contraire...if it wasn't for it, maybe you wouldn't have developed a crush on this guy...come on...liking someone is nice...it makes you smile when you wake up and it makes you dream awake (at least it does that to me) :D

Anonymous said...

I have so been there.

Or still am.

Are you going to share who this lucky bloke is? :D

Allison said...

That's awesome :)

Kris said...

It is a secret! I'm not as brave as you, Rish! :) It's also not on my list of 101. Haha.

I find blogger crushes to be... Strange. I would've laughed at anyone who confessed to them before. Appropriate, then, that the only place to talk about them is here :).

Yay, Ella. I'm glad it works out for you!

And, thanks, Allison... I think. :)

Coyote Rose said...

You can't write something like this and not expect me to want to know who it is! That's torture!

Tell me, tell me, tell me!

Is it the guy i suggested you marry to get a green card?

Kris said...

Hahaha! No, it's not. I don't think he and I share any values, lifestyle opinions or interests. I will keep him in mind, though. He is sweet and he'd be good for a green card for sure ;).

JennyJenJen said...

oh. im not the only one! thank you for sharing. you are much braver than i.

Anonymous said...

Eee. Blogger crushes are strange things.

I've been in the position before where I fell for someone through his writing. He fell for me too. But alas, stupid internet it could never happen.

We're still good friends though.

Who knows, maybe one day, this 'blog crush' will grow :)