Thursday, February 10, 2011

Memes: Blogging isn't Blogging Without Them

I'm not doing a very good job of blogging here by myself these days.  Instead of fulfilling my role as pessimist I'm going to use this opportunity to complete a few of those tag thingies.  For those of you who hate memes (me, on a good day) hold on.  I'll write something better next week.  

This one, though, is really pretty cool.  A chance to check out someone's handwriting?  Yes please.  Here as I usually write (just a little bigger).  Non-perfectionist and in my notebook with a Bic ballpoint.

1. What's your name/your Blogger name?
2. What's your blog's name/URL?
3. Write "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"
4. Favorite quote?
5. Your favorite song?
6. Your favorite band/singers?
7. Anything else you want to say?
8. Tag 3-5 other people

Just realized it's crooked.  Heh, sorry.
The other tag comes from the ever-funny Coyote Rose.  She wants to know my five current loves.

1. Random adventures in general.  Road trips, more specifically.  I may be planning one now.  It may involve a camperized bus, seven friends, and the Alaska highway.  Having something to look forward to keeps me relatively sane.  Stay tuned in a couple months.  Or, like, May.

2.  Thrift stores.  Eco friendly finds that give me a double rush of endorphins.  One for cool "new" clothes.  One for saving money.  What's not to love?  Although I did go on a bad actual-new clothes bender just lately...

3.  Slippers.  I used to hate them.  Being all barefoot-tomboy and all.  But my great-aunt from England sent me some for Christmas...  And I've been wearing them every day.  Yes, I am getting old.

4.  Dancing.  Of almost every variety.  I can't wait for summer barn parties, since that's about all the opportunity I get around here.  Well, other then break dance episodes upstairs with my brothers.

5.  Sunshine!  We've only seen little bits of it, but it gives me a little high every time.  And now that I'm almost giving up on more successful snowboarding I'm 100% ready for spring.  Green, warm, lovely spring.

Again, I'm not tagging.  But this was a good no-blogging-slump remedy.  Thanks girls.

6 comments:

Chels said...

I think I just found your link floating around on Twitter. So hi, I'm random!

I love the handwriting thinger... And I'll probably copy it - because I can't be bothered to come up with something creative on my own at the moment.

Also, I think you can officially dub yourself old when you couple a nice [insert fabric of choice] robe with the slippers every day. ;)

Kara said...

Ahh, I love the handwriting meme! Definitely posting it tomorrow :)

Kris said...

Yay! Consider both yourselves tagged.

Thankfully, I'm not quite to that level of agedness yet. Although, if robes are half as great as slippers maybe I ought to give them a try...

As is I'm totally rocking slippers with not just boxers, but skinny jeans when I get home. Classy, I know!

Ella Unread said...

:O Great meme!! I like your handwriting!! I will definitely consider myself tagged and I'll do the same :D

Tasha said...

YAY!!! you did it, I like your penmanship..very nice. & your welcome

chen wish said...

nfl mlb nba nhl snapbacks
air max 90
air max 2017
free flyknit 5.0
yeezy 350 boost
yeezy 350v2 boost
lunarglide shoes
kobe bryant shoes
jordan james shoes
mercurial soccer boots