Thursday, July 16, 2009

This is all crazy. Sometimes I think about the fact that there are nine people officially living here. And others that come and go. Was there really one year that I lived in my own house with just myself?
Ever since Katimavik I have no desire to go back to living on my own. Hostel dorms never bother me. I had four girls in my two bedroom house at one time, and now it's back to my families, plus. It's somehow right. I think we're supposed to live as with others.
My parents always talked about community. I don't think this is what they had in mind. I think they imagined a functioning little neighborhood where everyone shared the work of running the self-sustainable lifestyle.
Still. This is it right here. A group of people. Working together. Playing together. Fighting together. Living together.
Community. No?

No comments: