Sunday, May 15, 2005

I've often been pleased I don't blush. Pleased, happy, gloating. All 'round glad. And I've had people agree with me.
"I'm so glad I don't blush."
"Yeah. Do be. It's very annoying."
The conversation would then take a turn to how annoying the tendency to blush is. Well I would sit feeling self-righteous on being left out. And looking down my nose in the best possible manner.
Or how about, "I'm glad I don't blush. At least I don't think I do."
"yeah. You don't. Be happy."
So the other day I was talking to my family. When I threw out my occasionally used line. "I'm so glad I don't blush."
"Oh yeah. You do!"
"What? No I don't."
"Trust me Kris, you do."
"No. I don't."
Ect. This was very disconcerting. I have always been under the impression that I don't. And I asked some other person (it evades me at the moment who) to try cement my former held opinion of my reddening tendencies. They didn't help.
Maybe I don't blush at all the right times. Or maybe I don't get flustered/embarrassed easily enough. Or something. Actually. I still just honestly believe that I don't. When you blush you know it, right? And I never recall noticing that I was turning red.
No. I quite like being a non-blushing girl. And I am going to stick with my opinion that that's what I am. If I ever get warm, or see clear proof in the form of footage, or am told when I blush, and pay attention. Then I suppose I'll have to admit that maybe I do. Occasionally. But I've gone eighteen years without that happening. And you would think one of the above would've by now if I blushed at all. So there.

No comments: