Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Notebook Chronicles



I once knew this girl
Now she wanders the world,
Against her I know my frustration is hurled.
Her bag is nigh empty
Her cares are nigh none,
She'll throw caution to the wind then take off at a run.
I think of her sometimes
When all else is slow,
The trigger is locked, set to signify, "go."
I remember her passion,
Her daring,
Her love.
She thought she'd win out when push came to shove.
I know that she's somewhere, somewhere out there.
At first I forget, then it's too much to bare.
And yet, she is still there
Deep in my mind.
We once were so close,
Like two of a kind.
I think she is gone now, our paths will not cross.
Unless I go out.  Get throughly lost.                                                                                                              
I'll grab hold of life,                                                                                                                  
Let my soul from inside.
I'll push this one down,
So it won't run and hide.
I know she is out there,
I'll find her one day.
I'll catch her,
And free her,
And then come what may!
Photo Source: In-dark on Deviant Art

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Darn the title tricked me! I thought you got a new notebook. :( Good post Kris.

Kris said...

Haha. Don't you remember the meaning of "The Notebook Chronicles"?

I'm wondering if I shouldn't explain it every time...

Holly Renee said...

This is great. Very vivid and emotional. I love that you post your poetry, I can only do it ever once in awhile and I'm always so self conscious about it. I really enjoy reading yours!

cule87 said...

madam, you are truly awesome with your words.

Anonymous said...

Nice Kris!

Rob said...

You have a great ability to use evocative language. Excellent. Consider me a fan.

Kris said...

You have all made my day with your lovely comments... again!

Holly-the only reason I'm brave enough to post it is because I can blame it on "being a teenager."

And, Rob, Yay! Thank-you! I hear a lot about your blog, so this is even cooler.