Sunday, July 04, 2010

"But I Don't Like it"

"I do like flavour," she said, "Just not in excess.  Not spicy and stuff, you know.  Just subtle.  I should know what I like if I'm going to bother eating it, right?  I mean, think about it."

She smiled at them, spreading margarine on her bread.  They smiled back.

"Like, I try stuff.  Sometimes I buy different jam, or maybe mixed lettuce.  Or, you know, Asian salad dressing or something.  Once I tried shrimp.  But I didn't like it.  So, like, if I don't like seafood it'd be stupid to eat it, right?

"I mean, I may as well be happy.  And I'm just happy with chicken or whatever.  So, I don't know.  You can run around trying everything but end the end mine will have been more quality, you know?  I mean, if you think about it, I appreciate flavour at least as much as you."

They continued to smile, to mingle, to live.  She smirked and ate her bread and margarine.

No comments: