Saturday, July 31, 2010

I Wish Before


I wish a million things,
and none of them forever.
I wish a hundred pieces
(Baronialbees)
all of them brought together

I need this like tomorrow
so nothing is for sure
I'll beg it from the past
It all remains impure

Don't listen as I say this
I've told you all this finally
Perhaps we will reach silence
Release this now entirely

I wish a million distances.
I'll try to hold them close like this
I'll tell you what I want from you
You'll tell me it's all true

And then you'll let me go



6 comments:

Nitin said...

suuuweet :)

Kris said...

Thanks :)

Tabitha Wells said...

That was absolutely beautiful and well-written. Thanks for continuing to share with us your amazing talent Kris :)

Kris said...

Aww, Tab. You really just made my evening.

kerrie elaine said...

"I wish a million distances" - how beautiful is that one line.....

Kris said...

:)