Saturday, June 19, 2004

I was driving back here after a day of work. Big aqua van. Windows down. Barefeet. I occasionally say what the heck and get rebellious. Whoever made it illegal to drive with barefeet but allows heels was an idiot.
Anyway, I also happened to be listening to the local semipop station. Suddenly this song came one. I don't know who sings it, and I don't know what it's called, but the chorus goes,
They say the heart of rock 'n roll is in Cleveland/
and from what I've seen I believe 'em/
ect.
My parents listened to it when I was a kid. Those songs just hit me somewhere. I love 'em. All the old hits I grew up on. And I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it stirs a sense of security, but when I hear them I don't think "I feel like a little kid again". I just grin and think to myself "what a great song".

No comments: