Friday, October 22, 2010

Well, now. Buenos Dias.

(noahlee)

Left to my own schedule I stay up later and get up later until I'm frightfully near nocturnal. Fortunately life requires me to stay on a slightly more realistic time frameI'm really not a morning person, and I never will be.  Maybe this is partly because I've always refused to embrace caffeine.

I have learned to detest the sound of an alarm clock more then almost anything else. Bed suddenly seems the best place in the world. I will gladly hate morning song birds.  And don't get me started on those cheerful people happily belting out their "good morning"s. 

Once I'm up and about, though, freshly showered and munching on toast and homemade jam it begins to seem as though anything else would be just a waste of time. 

Morning is the most productive part of just about any day. At least if I manage to rub the sand out of my eyes.  It's a great time for thoughts, and also the best in which to spot a sunrise.  Funny how that works.  I like watching the world coming alive.  I'll never actually manage to regularly get out of bed early for a morning run or even a cup of tea on the back deck. I'll just have to take the moments between the snooze button and my true day's beginning to gather my wits and warm up to the day.

I also might want to work on heading to bed a bit earlier.  Something that is easy to avoid until the alarm goes off and I consider the benefits all over again.


Of course, the fact that I'm posting this at 1:00 AM might be an indicator to how that would actually go.





I have to thank Riley for causing me to post this.  She's written out a highly effective blog review for me which has resulted in the subscribe button and About page now on my blog.  I will be working on implementing a few other changes over the next little while.


I've been known to recommend her blog before, which is a really good read.  But now I'm also going to recommend her reviews.  Well worth it if you're actually serious about improving your blog. 

4 comments:

Carly Findlay said...

I love bed. Sometimes I go to bed early and say in bed late.
I set my alarm early just because I love the feeling of waking up ad drifting in and out of sleep.
I calculated that I may have spent 16 hours of the day in bed recently and I wasn't even sleeping.

You write so beautifully. Sorry I've neglected reading your blog recently. I feel like I've neglected me and so neglected reading my fave writers.

Allison said...

I am like you - I'm just not a natural morning person. I stay up too late, and sleep too late in the morning (or if I do have to get up early, I feel like a bag of crap for most of the day).

I just do my best thinking at night. I can't help it.

Kris said...

Thanks Carly! I promise I commented on your blog before I saw that you commented on mine!

I know, hey Allison. There's absolutely nothing I can do about this dilemma!

Rachel said...

I do the same thing. I slowly but surely go to bed later and later and get up later until I become nocturnal. I've been good recently and forced myself awake but alarm clocks are horrific things and I frequently turn it off in my half sleep state.