Monday, October 04, 2010

A Blog Rant About Blogging (and awards. See how that works?).

"Actually, don't be surprised if I blog more, and better quality."


Nobody thought it prudent to call my bluff?


Maybe the blogging honeymoon is over.  Mostly, I have other preoccupations.  Really boring ones that provide pretty lousy blog fodder.  I still love my Because or Why Not, though.  It just takes a lot of work and focus to write truly quality posts.  


Blogging has brought great things into my life.  Ideas, distraction, people, a really great creative outlet.  I'm not about to give that up.


You know what I haven't done for a while?  Just had a good rant.  And now I'm ranting about blogging.  Classy.  



Here's a new one!  It comes from a fabulous blog Called The Far Too Important Blog.  Best off all, Jeff gave me "art."  Which makes it my best award ever (of course I had to go post that on my crappiest least-artistic post of the year).  Also got an award from another really good blog called Pretend You Don't Read Me.  How do they come up with such great names?  It's an award I've posted a few times already though, so I'll just tell you to go visit Ella.  She's very cool.


As usual, three blogs in my reader along these lines that I also recommend...


The Wayfaring Stranger- Sometimes Riley's attitude pisses me off, and best of all she really doesn't care.  I'd never say that to her face, because she makes it clear she could kick my butt.  Anyway, she writes a good social commentary blog from a point of view that's occasionally different then mine.  And she's inspiring through her go-getter attitude.  What's not to like?


The Curiosities of a College Kid-  I've always liked this guy, even though we've never spoken.  He's often amusing, but clearly intelligent.  Also, he provides some good insight seeing that he's in Senegal right now.


You Can Read Me Anything- I have loved Rish's blog for a long time now.  She is of substance herself, and that doesn't stop occasional raw heartfelt honesty combined with brilliant writing skills.  She's quite simply a passionate person and that comes across in her posts.  Do yourself a favour and go scan through what she's written.


Seriously though, they're all good.  And now, well, I'll have to connive some decent posting myself so the top of my page isn't a blog rant/award post.  It'll happen.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kris! Ella gave me an award too just two weeks ago. So cheers to us!

Joe said...

Dear Kris,

I appreciate the love.

Sincerely,
Joe of Curiosities.

Riley Carson said...

You just cracked my shit up! I absolutely love how you described my blog. It just gave me warm-fuzzies!

Kris said...

Haha, Riley. I thought you might like that. Or, at least, hoped you wouldn't mind it.

Joe, so excited you stopped by! Not sure how you found it, but I guess now we've "spoken.". :). Plus, now I've scored a Senegal flag.

Mish, yes. Ella is an absolute dear! Despite trying to be all moody. Haha. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, thank you; Kris! <3

I do hope your disillusionment (?) with blogging will resolve itself- you're too valuable to the blogsphere to disappear on us!

xx