Monday, April 12, 2010

Who, What, When, Where, Why

How was she supposed to know?  Tell me that and I'll tell you why.  Why it happened all at once.  Why she believed.  Why now, and why then.  What useless point it catered. 

How was she supposed to know?  Tell me that.

You know.  I know you do.  And I know where.  Where the time took place.  Those seconds dragging by.  Look back with me.  It all passed so quickly.  When.  We know that.  Don't we?  You and I.  We should, you and I.  Who, what, when, where, why.  And how.

How was she supposed to know?

Let's look back, now.  So happy.  Endlessly happy.  'Till then.  So instant.  Playing it over a million times.  Why?  I'll tell you this.  She doesn't know.  She should, but she won't.  Why won't you answer me?  Tell her now.

How was she supposed to know?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris,
I can see this being some truly wonderful performance poetry. The inherent drama is just wonderful- really allows you to speak with much gravity and infuse every word with feeling.

Ever thought to do it?
x

Kris said...

Not really Risha.
But I do believe that poetry should be read out loud.
I just never considered myself a poem girl.
Thanks for the thought, though...!

Becca Christensen said...

Artfully written!

B